Exercise helps to promote an overall feeling of “wellness“. It helps to develop and maintain lean muscle mass which leads to increased fat burning. It increases your basal metabolic rate (BMR), and therefore, your fat burning capacity.
- Bone density
- Endorphin production (regulates pain response and relaxation)
- Blood pressure
- Sleep quality
- Ability to manage stress
- Blood sugar levels
- Muscle tone
- Energy levels
Here are some exercise tips:
- Aim for half an hour each day
- Generally for fat loss, exercise is most effective first thing in the morning, before breakfast. Eat within 1 hour after exercise.
- Vary your routine – try walking, swimming or cycling.
- Ease into your exercise program – don’t do too much, too soon.
- Remember – “No gain when in pain!” Avoid exercise that becomes painful.
- Don’t forget to warm up before exercising and cool down afterwards.
- Use stairs where you can – avoid escalators/lifts.
- Walk the long way home and utilize hills where possible.
- Invest in a set of 1-2kg dumbbells or resistance bands – you can do a full-body workout with just these simple pieces of equipment.
- Stretching the body will increase flexibility and reduce your risk of injury.
What is stopping you?
- Is your energy low? You may need vitamin or mineral support.
- Are pains and aches getting in the way? You may need a musculoskeletal assessment.
- Do you need help with motivation? Talk to us about diet and lifestyle.
- Do you have trouble finding out which exercise is fitting into the day? We can talk to you about ways to fit it in.