Residential Drug Treatment
Do I need residential drug rehab?
The decision as to whether you or your loved one needs to attend a residential drug treatment center will be based on your own particular set of circumstance.
It should be stated that any addict in early recovery will almost always benefit from a stay at a professional drug treatment center. Nevertheless, this is not always necessary or even possible and many other options exist including various day-care treatment programs.
The Advantages of residential drug treatment programs
The main advantage of staying at a residential drug treatment center is that you have a big block of time to focus on your recovery without any distractions. This can give you an early boost, and in the long term it can ensure recovery takes enough of a hold that you will not relapse.
When you attend a residential drug treatment program you give yourself the gift of time, and also have a group of experienced addiction professionals at your disposal to assist and guide you through the difficult early stages.
Other advantages include:
- Close medical management for any substance withdrawal symptoms you may experience.
- Temptations are not available so that if you do experience a moment of weakness you will not relapse and undo all the great work you have done.
- If any problems arise during treatment you have trained professionals who can advise and support you. They will probably have dealt with them before.
- Professional treatment not only for your addiction but also for any other physical or mental illnesses.
- A therapeutic community setting where the entire focus is on recovery from addiction
- A range of therapies and professional counseling, that could for example, include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Usually you will receive a full explanation about the causes and effects of addiction which can help you to put your issues in context.
- Education about a new way to make decisions and control impulses that might otherwise sabotage your recovery.
- Help to arrange family support, housing, or even employment after you leave the program.
How do I choose a residential rehab program?
Most residential drug treatment programs seem similar and it can be confusing trying to pick one. Often if you contact them directly you will speak with people who obviously want you to pick their program and so they may not provide completely impartial advice.
Sometimes a friend or your doctor might recommend a facility for you. They may indeed have your best interests at heart, however, they may not know enough about the facility to really understand if it is the best one for you.
We offer an impartial and independent service to help you choose the right residential, or non-residential drug treatment program. Our professional treatment experts discuss all aspects of your circumstances with you, and based on their many years of experience will make a recommendation that will fit your situation. This includes considering everything from your values to your financial circumstances.
We also keep up to date with who the program directors are for each facility. Personnel, or indeed ownership of a treatment center can change and although the name may stay the same, the treatment will be entirely different. Unless you are involved in the industry you cannot hope to know this, yet it can influence the effectiveness of the program you choose.
Do you require medical assistance?
In some instances the physical withdrawals from addiction can be so intense that, for your own safety, you will need medical assistance and constant observation to get you over this early stage of recovery. Not all treatment centers are equipped to deal with physical withdrawals and many require you do not attend until you are through this stage. We can recommend a top treatment centers that has both a detoxification program and a recovery program.
Call us now at the toll free number below and get the support you need. +1 (802) 231-1018